Tips to reduce waste
The garbage that people throw is more than the natural resources that have left on our planet. This waste endangers different species, pollutes the Earth and turns beautiful fields and forests into future deserts. Please contact us for more information.
One thing we sometimes forget is that there are a lot of ways to reduce the pile of trash we throw out every day. Here is what you can do to ensure a little bit greener future for the planet:
- If you don’t need it, don’t buy it. Many times we buy things we actually don’t use or we use so rarely that we can do without them. These are usually items with specific purpose – popcorn makers, fruit carving knifes (if you are not professional), for example. Refusing such a purchase you save money and space and you help to reduce the waste.
- You need less than you think. No one actually needs three jars of three different sizes for eventual jam making. You also don’t need pile of plastic bags. If you use plastic bags to throw out your garbage be sure that they are easily decomposed in natural environment.
- Reuse. Bottles of water, glass jars, plastic boxes – all these can be used again once you have emptied them from their original content. Think before you throw them. Sometimes even things you take for rotten or sour can be used as cleaning materials.
- Recycle. Old cotton rugs, small or torn clothes can be used during deep carpet cleaning instead of brush to scatter the foam or another cleaning detergent. Then you can wash them and use again or just to throw them if you have used them in all possible ways.
- Rot. There are not a lot of ways to use bio waste but if you can’t think of any other, make compost. Gardening now is fashionable and even if you live in apartment, you can spare some space for home garden in pots – fresh spices or greenery is always welcome on the table.
- Eco thinking. You don’t need to turn your home into chemical factory to keep it clean, find reliable cleaning services and get rid of the fear that your child can drink some degreaser or another cleaning liquid. This will also reduce the waste you dispose. Find out more.
- House clearances. As home owners, we often go through stages where we clean the house out and remove any junk that isn’t being used, including old furniture. Rather than taking this to the dump, you should hire a reliable waste removal company to dispose of the waste in a manner that is environmentally friendly and safe.